Saturday, July 16, 2005

All Quiet In Florida...For Now

We're under the Bermuda High, which is keeping hurricanes away from us for the moment. Jim and I might even go on the Cortez Yacht Club's poker run today...the red tide is the only thing giving us pause for thought. Plus, we have a lot of work to do on the house still. We want to get our shutters in shape without doing it in a panic. The problem is, when it's finally nice like this, you want to enjoy paradise for a weekend. So, we'll probably do a little of both. A little work, a little play. In any case, it feels good to not have a storm making our decisions for us.

I am changing hosting companies this weekend. I've already made some of the changes, so my email and the Hurricane Land e-mail list will be disrupted for about 24-36 hours. (RSS feeds will continue to work normally.) I apologize for the inconvenience, but with Intense Host, my main site has been down more than up for the last couple of months. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd explain or let you contact them, but all you get is dead silence on their end. The 800 number is even blocked now. Seems like a good time to collect my files and move on. I was weary of talking to their tech support anyway. I'm switching to Surpass, which comes highly recommended and is cheaper. Hopefully, they will keep their servers up and running.

No comments: